Configura works with parametric configuration and develop rules-based software to draw spaces in 2D and 3D for leading companies within the commercial furniture, kitchen & bath and material handling industries. In the background, prices and configurations are automatically calculated. Configura is a global company with customers in 10 countries and users in more than 100. Configura is headquartered in Linköping (Sweden) with four wholly owned subsidiaries in Grand Rapids (Michigan, USA), Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia), Shenzhen (China), Berlin (Germany). Configura’s unique expertise places them at the forefront of Space Planning and Configuration solutions. With more than 250 professionals they are now ready to take on unique challenges anywhere in the world. Configura is now looking to recruit an energetic new co-worker who is eager to grow Configura’s sales efforts within the kitchen and bath industry.
As a Business Development Manager, you are responsible for uncovering the potential customer’s needs and business goals to determine how Configura’s solution aligns with their objectives. You will work within Europe as your market and you’ll be a subject matter expert for potential customers, making recommendations that align with their business needs. Acting as an educator, you’ll guide potential customers through the sales process by helping them understand what is possible with CET Designer.
Business Development can vary widely from organization to organization. At Configura, the Business Development team serves as consultants, educators, researchers and problem solvers for prospective customers from a variety of industries. They strategically identify potential customers and value candidates with strong relationship building skills. We believe you have an ability to connect with people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences.
- Uncover prospect’s needs and business goals to determine whether our solution fits their needs
- Act as the subject matter expert for our customers by maintaining a well-rounded understanding of our products and services
- Educate prospects on our product offerings and make recommendations that align with their business needs
- Lead solution development efforts that best address customer needs, while coordinating the involvement of all necessary team players
- Lead large scale RFPs
We believe you are a dedicated, interpersonal individual who enjoys making other people successful in the Configura Ecosystem. To be successful as a Business Development Manager, you should have an aptitude for learning, problem solving, and ability to present complex solutions in a simple manner to educate potential customers. You don’t just solve problems, you see opportunity and pursue it. Through personal organization and time management, you can accomplish individual and team goals. You can be trusted to complete valuable tasks and are willing to reprioritize personal goals to meet the objectives of the great Configura team.
- Minimum of 5+ years of experience in B2B sales
- Experience in the kitchen and bath industry and come with strong key contacts within this industry
- Ability to communicate and presenting to executive and director level management decision makers in Europé
- Ability to lead a discovery conversation to understand potential customer’s business initiatives, challenges and current environment
- Motivated to help people and approach sales with a customer centric approach
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills in English
- Strong problem solving, analytical and critical thinking skills
- Willingness to embrace change and seek opportunities for improvement
- Aptitude for learning with a strong interest in new technologies and innovations
- Ability to travel 25% of the year domestically and internationally
- Higher level of education: Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or similar
You are offered an interesting role where you will be part of a global, innovative team – in a fast-paced, agile team environment. In the position as Business Development Manager you will play an important part in a highly competent and driven company – with a high-quality solution. A position where you, through high energy and committment, will grow Configura’s sales efforts within the kitchen and bath industry – an industry with great potential.
Welcome to send us your application if this feels like your kind of challenge. If you have any questions about the role, please contact Made for Sales, recruitment consultant – Kristofer Blixt on the number below.